F Y I
Ever wondered how to pronounce a contemporary artist’s name? Oxford Art Online can help!
- Woods Humane Society: Pet Press North County, November 20 & December 11. Are you a teen who’s passionate about photography, journalism, or art? Do you spend your free time watching animal TikToks or funny cat videos? Woods is looking for caring, creative teens to help write bios and take photos of adoptable animals, and to work as a team to create adorable animal welfare TikToks and Instagram reels.
- Cuesta College Community Programs: Bronze Casting with Cuttlefish, December 16. In one three-hour session taught by artist Margaret Korisheli, create a small talisman-style sculpture or necklace using cuttlefish bone as a simple carved mold and casting bronze with a jewelry crucible. Mixed media may be added to the finished casting. $45 cost includes materials.
- South County Chambers of Commerce: Keep Your Company Out of the Courtroom, December 15. A free workshop at The Launch Pad cowork office in Grover Beach covers the most common reasons employers get sued by their employees. Open to all organizations with employees, it will be led by Kim Banks, a human resources consultant with BBSI.
- Create Action: Nonprofits may apply for a $50,000 grant from that also includes $50,000 USD in Sony electronics products and a Sony-produced short film telling the organization’s story. Programs are eligible in several areas including STEAM/academic enrichment; one grant is awarded per month and the next three application deadlines are October 31, November 30, and December 31.
- National Endowment for the Humanities: Small and mid-sized nonprofits are especially encouraged to apply for a grants from the Public Humanities Projects program that supports initiatives bringing the ideas of the humanities to life for general audiences through public programming in disciplines such as history, literature, ethics, and art history. Grants are available for planning and implementation of projects focusing on exhibitions, historic places, and humanities discussions. Application deadline is January 11, 2023.
- Cuesta College: Graphics Arts Instructor (part-time)
- Cuesta College: Ceramics and 2D Art Instructor (part-time)
- Cuesta College: CPAC Facilitator (temp)
- Cuesta College: CPAC Technician (temp)
- SLO Symphony: Personnel Manager
- SLO Symphony: Executive Director and Chief Development Officer